As a Digital Transformation Partner, we accompany companies into the digital future. Our range of IT solutions
includes consulting, implementation, services and the operation of IT systems. Our Customers benefit from
our extensive expertise and our innovative portfolio that covers the IT requirements necessary for a successful
Worldwide, we employ over 3,000 employees and have offices in Germany, Austria, Belgium, The UK and The
U.S.A. The CANCOM Group is headed up by Rudolf Hotter (CEO) and Thomas Stark (CFO) and the
company’s headquarters is in Munich.
In 2018, the CANCOM Group acquired UK businesses Ocean Intelligent Communication and OCSL. This
formed CANCOM Group’s UK hub, and CANCOM UK was born. A year later, in 2019, Novosco was acquired,
along with its offices present throughout Ireland (Ireland and Northern Ireland). In January 2021, CANCOM
UK&I was formed after three acquisitions completed in both the UK and Ireland by the CANCOM Group.
We are now recruiting for a highly motivated Bid Coordinator to join our team to help develop winning proposals
for CANCOM’s key deals/tenders. As a Bid Coordinator, you will be responsible for collating relevant
information, assisting with the production of tender documents, and managing resources to meet submission
and specification requirements. This will be across multiple solution types and vendor lines.
In addition to this, you’ll help build and maintain content and templates, contribute to the improvement of
internal processes, and enable the Sales team to convert more opportunities. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a similar role within a commercial bid team ideally gained within an IT orientated business or be able to demonstrate transferable skills from a successful Sales Support/PMO role looking to make your mark in a team that offers prospects for progression and personal development.
The Bid Coordinator will own the proposal management process from opportunity identification through to contract award. You will assemble a bid team to prepare a winning bid while contributing to our best-practice internal governance models. You will have excellent attention to detail, excellent written skills, and the ability to build effective relationships with internal stakeholders.
• Create and deliver compliant, professionally produced proposals within customer-defined
• Contribute towards internal best-practice capabilities, including the development of processes, tools
• Support the creation and maintenance of bid collateral;
• Work closely with internal teams and stakeholders to produce winning bids;
• Challenge and then develop the sales strategy to deliver a successful pitch;
• Manage a virtual bid team, respondents, third parties and assigned activities;
• Manage multiple proposals concurrently;
• Champion document management and change control best practices;
• Provide advice on flow, language, and grammar to content owners;
• Work to ensure all proposals are aligned with CANCOM’s corporate brand guidelines and company
bid management standards;
• Continuously improve proposal quality and process;
• Coordinate access to procurement portals. March 2021 www.cancom.co.uk
Skills & Experience:
• Demonstrable experience in managing / coordinating, writing, and designing winning bids, preferably
gained within a Technology/Managed Service/Cloud/Security environment to both private and public
• Demonstrable experience in developing and creating high-quality, sales and strategically driven
proposal documents, including coordinating and editing content;
• Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise, manage time effectively, and
work to tight deadlines;
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to articulate an opinion
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work across the business, and interact confidently with
• Robust and resilient in approach – the confidence to challenge and ‘push back’ when required;
• A self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
• Experienced in providing valuable input into opportunity qualification, win strategies, commercial
discussions and solution design;
• Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) accreditation an advantage.
Location: Can be located in any of our CANCOM UK&I offices, with the flexibility to work from home
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9 – 5:30pm (37.5 hours per week), with a 1-hour unpaid lunch break per
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 depending on experience
Benefits & Perks:
Includes: 25 days annual leave, life assurance, healthcare cash plan, employee assistance programme, online discounts & savings platform, free parking, spot bonus scheme, recruitment bounty scheme, free fruit. Monday, dress down Friday, Fundraising, Sports & Social club.
Start date: ASAP
– Must have the right to live and work in the UK.
– Due to our location, access to own transport is essential.
To Apply: Please include a covering letter (which includes salary expectations) along with your CV
outlining the skills and experience that make you the ideal candidate for this position.
Think you’d fit in? Surprise us at https://info.cancom.co.uk/cancom-uk-careers
We look forward to hearing from you!
About us: Join us at the forefront. Put your talent to the test. Make leaps in your field. CANCOM is a creative,
collaborative place, delivering transformative results with remarkable technology for remarkable clients daily.
Working here is challenging, rewarding and exciting. We welcome adaptable, enterprising professionals and
invest heavily in their development.
About us: Join us at the forefront. Put your talent to the test. Make leaps in your field. CANCOM is a creative, collaborative place, delivering transformative results with remarkable technology for remarkable clients daily. Working here is challenging, rewarding and exciting. We welcome adaptable, enterprising professionals and invest heavily in their development.