As a Digital Transformation Partner, we accompany companies into the digital future. Our range of IT solutions includes consulting, implementation, services and the operation of IT systems. Our Customers benefit from our extensive expertise and our innovative portfolio that covers the IT requirements necessary for a successful digital transformation.
Worldwide, we employ over 3,000 employees and have offices in Germany, Austria, Belgium, The UK and The U.S.A. The CANCOM Group is headed up by Rudolf Hotter (CEO) and Thomas Stark (CFO) and the company’s headquarters is in Munich.
In 2018, the CANCOM Group acquired UK businesses Ocean Intelligent Communication and OCSL. This formed CANCOM Group’s UK hub, and CANCOM UK was born. A year later, in 2019, Novosco was acquired, along with its offices present throughout Ireland (Ireland and Northern Ireland). In January 2021, CANCOM UK&I was formed after three acquisitions completed in both the UK and Ireland by the CANCOM Group.
The Role: You will be responsible for adhering to the vision, strategy, and program to ensure information assets, developed products and technologies are adequately maintained.
The Cyber Security Analyst will follow established processes to reduce information technology risks. They will operate and interact with our in-place Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) solutions in-line with contract and customer expectations.
To respond to incidents, adhering to standards and controls, manage security technologies, and follow appropriate policies and procedures. The Cyber Security Analyst will be required to liaise with adjacent teams for escalation or peer review.
Please note: Candidates are required to pass BPSS and SC clearance.
- Receipt and categorisation of initial event, incident, request from service teams and customers.
- Providing trouble shooting, initial triage and trigger escalation/assignment as appropriate.
- Investigation of event alerts, fulfilling agreed requests and liaising with the customer to confirm closure.
- 07:00-18:00 with shift patterns within and participation in on-call rota. There is potential for shift-based work on a 24/7 basis – candidates should apply with this in mind.
- Understanding of Information Security principles.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Previous experience in an IT role.
- Previous experience in a SOC or security team.
- Technical understanding of IT infrastructure such as networks and Active Directory.
- Pen testing experience.
- Experience with a Security Incident and event management (SIEM) toolset. QRadar for example.
- Ability to install security software and applications.
- SC clearance.
- Articulate and a clear communicator.
- Meticulous with excellent attention to detail.
Please note that this job description is subject to ongoing review as new demands and best working practises are considered, agreed and implemented.
Location: Belfast or St Ives
Hours: The nominal working week is 37.5 hours, although a degree of flexibility is both offered and expected. In specific circumstances there may be a requirement to work additional hours.
Benefits & Perks: Includes: 25 days annual leave, life assurance, healthcare cash plan, employee assistance programme, on-line discounts & savings platform, free parking, spot bonus scheme, recruitment bounty scheme, free fruit Monday, dress down Friday, Fundraising, Sports & Social club.
Start date: ASAP
Must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Due to our location, access to own transport is essential.
To Apply: Please include a covering letter (which includes salary expectations) along with your CV outlining the skills and experience that make you the ideal candidate for this position.
Think you’d fit in? Surprise us at https://info.cancom.co.uk/cancom-uk-careers
We look forward to hearing from you!
About us: Join us at the forefront. Put your talent to the test. Make leaps in your field. CANCOM is a creative, collaborative place, delivering transformative results with remarkable technology for remarkable clients daily. Working here is challenging, rewarding and exciting. We welcome adaptable, enterprising professionals and invest heavily in their development.