Technical Services Engineer – Level 3
As a Digital Transformation Partner, we accompany companies into the digital future. Our range of IT solutions
includes consulting, implementation, services and the operation of IT systems. Our Customers benefit from
our extensive expertise and our innovative portfolio that covers the IT requirements necessary for a successful
Worldwide, we employ over 3,000 employees and have offices in Germany, Austria, Belgium, The UK and The
U.S.A. The CANCOM Group is headed up by Rudolf Hotter (CEO) and Thomas Stark (CFO) and the
company’s headquarters is in Munich.
In 2018, the CANCOM Group acquired UK businesses Ocean Intelligent Communication and OCSL. This
formed CANCOM Group’s UK hub, and CANCOM UK was born. A year later, in 2019, CANCOM was acquired,
along with its offices present throughout Ireland (Ireland and Northern Ireland). In January 2021, CANCOM
UK&I was formed after three acquisitions completed in both the UK and Ireland by the CANCOM Group.
To help determine customer needs, as the customers first point of contact with CANCOM this is a vital role
within the organisation. Employees within this area are expected to work independently and use their own
initiative. They perform the full range of duties required in providing solutions to our customer base, and the
successful candidate will have advanced general troubleshooting skills. Employees at this level receive only
occasional instruction or assistance as new or unusual situations arises and will be fully aware of operating
procedures and policies.
- Manage tickets logged in our IT Service Management System (Connectwise) and prioritise these in
relation to the set SLA agreement in place with the customer, the risk and approximate amount of
time required for the ticket.
- Liaise directly with the customer to resolve issues.
- Investigate the problem whilst keeping in contact with the customer and logging notes in the system.
- Engage with CANCOM and/or client partners to resolve issues
In addition to the above duties and responsibilities the post holder must be prepared to undertake such
additional duties which may result from changing circumstances, but which may not of necessity change the
general character or level of responsibility to the post.
Skills & Experience:
Extensive experience with support and implementation of parts of the following technology areas;
- Datacentre virtualization technologies i.e. VMware ESXi, HyperV, XenServer, SAN technologies,
Converged Infrastructure etc.
- Network technologies ie. TCP/IP, VPN, DHCP/DNS, Firewall etc.
- Desktop virtualisation ie. Citrix, Horizon etc.
- Windows Server technologies (Active Directory Group Policies, Remote Desktop Services, IIS,
Certificate Services etc.)
Education and Qualifications:
one or more of the following:
Microsoft, Citrix, Cisco, VMware Veeam or EMC certifications.Technical Services Engineer – Level 3
- A high level of self-motivation together with a willingness to learn new skills.
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach to the job.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Can demonstrate exceptional levels of customer service and care.
- Good communication, organisation and presentation skills including the ability to write clear and
- Strong time management and coordination skills.
- A full driving license – preferably clean, however consideration will be given to people with low number of points.
Hours: 37.5 Hours P/W
Benefits & Perks:
Includes: 25 days annual leave, life assurance, healthcare cash plan, employee assistance
programme, on-line discounts & savings platform, free parking, spot bonus scheme,
recruitment bounty scheme, free fruit Monday, dress down Friday, Fundraising, Sports &
Start date: ASAP
- Must have the right to live and work in the UK.
- Due to our location, access to own transport is essential.
To Apply: Please include a covering letter (which includes salary expectations) along with your CV outlining the skills and experience that make you the ideal candidate for this position. Think you’d fit in? Surprise us at https://info.cancom.co.uk/cancom-uk-careers
We look forward to hearing from you!
Join us at the forefront. Put your talent to the test. Make leaps in your field. CANCOM is a creative,
collaborative place, delivering transformative results with remarkable technology for remarkable clients daily.
Working here is challenging, rewarding and exciting. We welcome adaptable, enterprising professionals and
invest heavily in their development.
About us: Join us at the forefront. Put your talent to the test. Make leaps in your field. CANCOM is a creative, collaborative place, delivering transformative results with remarkable technology for remarkable clients daily. Working here is challenging, rewarding and exciting. We welcome adaptable, enterprising professionals and invest heavily in their development.