Senior Software Engineer (Data Collection and Assessment)
Do you love solving complex problems with technology? Rapid7 is looking for Software Engineers to join our Belfast office. We are looking for accomplished engineers to help build our cloud based product portfolio with a proven track record of delivery.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about developing cutting edge products and services in finding evil in some of the most complex and diverse systems in the world.
You will be building backend services capable of answering any question about a customer’s network and extending collection capabilities through numerous means.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement greenfield large scale distributed systems in AWS using technologies such as Graphql, Kubernetes and Serverless
- Ability to self-start in a fast-paced environment
- On top of core Java platform you will find yourself involved with new and emerging technologies, solving problems that haven’t been solved before
- Ability to prioritize work in the face of competing demands
- Be part of a high performing team tasked with solving challenging but interesting problems
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum of 4 years experience in agile software development using Java
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud hosting services
- Have been in a previous role providing mentorship and oversight to other engineers with your team
- Comfortable driving new concepts/technologies to peers and management
- Passionate about technology and solving complex business problems
- Wants to continuously evolve their technical knowledge
- Configuration/deployment tools such as Maven and Docker
- Has worked in Agile with CI/CD development pipelines
- Experience with source control preferably GIT
- Attractive Salary
- Competitive Pension employer contribution
- Company Shares plan
- Generous holiday allowance
- Flexible working and the option to work from home
- Health insurance for you and your family
- Life and disability insurance
- Budget for additional education/development
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity pay schemes
- Healthy (and some unhealthy) snacks and drinks plus regular office breakfast and lunches
- Monthly outings, Summer party, Christmas/holiday party
- 50% off gym membership
We’re on a Mission to Advance Diversity & Inclusion
Here at Rapid7, we strive for a diverse workforce that mirrors the best minds around the world as well as the security community we serve. With a strong diversity of mindset, we can push the boundaries of our thinking and pursue our goals of continuous innovation and secure advancement for all.
How are we doing this? Of course we’re tracking metrics with ambitious goals of equality across genders and ethnicities. But we’re also focused on employee education programs, such as our global series with diversity and inclusion expert Risha Grant. We’re also building external partnerships with organizations such as Build, BoSTEM, and Parity Pledge, and we’ve been recognized in the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index.
This is only the beginning. Get in touch to learn all the ways we’re focused on creating a diverse and inclusive workplace (where you can be proud to be you).